THE STRUGGLE IS REAL — While Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Harry (Rupert Evans) try to crack the Book of Elders, Macy (Madeleine Mantock) struggles with the good and bad aspects of her demon side. Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) competes with Jordan (Jordan Donica) for a promotion. Macy ventures out alone and meets an injured and terrified witch named Abigael (Poppy Drayton). Mel and Harry visit another dimension.
Trying to avoid sleep, Macy went to help a witch on her own. She found Abigael on a train hiding from demons. The demons kidnapped Macy with Abigael and kept them in a magic-suppressing cage. They escaped by electrocuting one of their captors. To keep her safe, Macy brought Abigael back to the command center, blindfolded. Unfortunately, when Abigael touched the book, just like with Macy, it repelled her. Abigael claimed that she was a witch but had a demon parent.
Callum, a demon of the four bloodlines tracked them to SafeSpace. Macy believed him to be the Overlord. Abigael and Macy killed him, but not before Callum expressed that he thought Abigael was the Overlord. As Abigael was about to leave through a portal, Macy confronted Abigael about Callum’s words. Abigael tried to kill Macy, but Macy got the dagger away from her. Macy was about to kill her, when Abigael pointed out that she had a green scar, just like Macy. The assassin had hunted her too.
Regarding deciphering the Book of Elders, they caught a break when Harry recognized the symbol for the Sentinel, who lived in the astral plane. Mel and Harry needed to reach it, but they needed a human anchor to meditate with them for five hours. They enlisted Katrina’s help, though she wasn’t aware she was part of a spell. The Sentinel explained that the Elders offered him a deal; if he agreed to serve as Sentinel for the Book, his wife and children would survive smallpox. The Sentinel tested them when they asked for their powers back. Mel realized that they were still in the astral plane
Though Maggie had landed the receptionist job and gotten access to the command center room in SafeSpace, increased security meant that they were changing access levels. Maggie decided to try for the assistant manager position available. Unfortunately, without much experience, it proved to be difficult. What’s more, Jordan was also going for the position. He was friends with the hiring manager and had more experience. Maggie needed an edge, so Abigael suggested a spell to help her influence the manager. She was able to get the job, but Jordan had to close his boxing gym business as he wasn’t making enough money.
In the command center, Macy and Abigael have a chat. After realizing Abigael is using her, Macy pins Abigael down but soon realizes that the man hunting her is hunting Abigael as well.
- Used by Maggie to influence the interviewer to avoid the background check on her. The spell required some type of dust to be blown at the intended target.
- Desiccation Spell
- Used by Macy and Abigael to vanquish Callum.
- Astral Projection Tea
- Used by Mel and Harry to astral project to the astral plane to find the Sentinel, and by Katrina to keep them tethered to the physical plane.
- Electrokinesis: The Book of Elders knocked back Macy, Abigael and Callum.
- Mesmerizing: Used by Callum to mesmerize Swan.
- Orbing: Used by Harry to orb with Mel in the astral plane.
- Power Negation: The cage that demons imprisoned Macy and Abigael in negated powers.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by Macy.
- Telekinesis: Used by Abigael to attack demons.
- Temporal Stasis: Used by Mel in the astral plane to freeze Katrina.
- Tongue Elasticity: Used by a demon to capture Macy and Abigael.
- Book of Elders: the Elders' tome of extremely powerful magic.
- Book of Elders Cypher: Given to Mel by the Sentinel to help them translate the Book of Elders. It is in the shape of a scarab.
- Dagger: The weapon of the demon that had captured Macy and Abigael. It is later used by Macy and Abigael to vanquish Callum with the assistance of a spell.
- Power Negating Cage: Used by the vagrant demons to trap Macy and Abigael.
- This is the first episode to credit Poppy Drayton as Abigael as a regular.
- Geoffrey Blake guest starred in this episode as the Sentinel. He guest starred as Strife, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in the original series.
- Who is Abigael?
- Will they be able to translate the Book of Elders and restore their powers?
- How will Maggie help Jordan?
- Will they find the Assassin?
References to the Original Charmed
- The original series had an episode with a similar title, Be Careful What You Witch For.
- In both series, it was an episode of the second season.
- Macy went to San Francisco to rescue Abigael. In the original series, San Francisco was the city the Charmed Ones lived in.
- Mel and Harry meditate to astral project to the Sentinel's astral plane. Astral projection was Prue's—one of the Charmed Ones—power developed in season two.
- Maggie used an influencer spell on Zach to get the position of assistant manager and cost Jordan his gym at SafeSpace as a consequence. This resembles when Paige cast a spell to help a woman gain custody of her son and cost a colleague his promotion.
- Vagrants trap Macy and Abigael in a cage that negates magical powers. In the original series episode, Womb Raider, the Charmed Ones were trapped within a cage that contains their magical abilities by The Seer.
- The episode was watched by 0.73 million U.S. viewers.
- The title is a reference to the phrase Careful What You Wish For.
- Maggie: "I've seen things, Jordan. Things that would make a grown man cry. Even a very grown one. Like you."
- Katrina (to Harry and Mel): "We all feel a bit of powerless these days. Now the universe doesn't always give us what we want, but it always give us what we need."
- The Sentinel: "Just remember, nothing in life or death is without consequence."
- The Sentinel: "To be fair, the Book of Elders contains the greatest secrets and spells in all of witchcraft. Old magic. Dead magic. Healing magic. Dangerous magic..."
- Macy (to Abigael): "I trusted you the first time. I will not make that mistake again."
|Season 2 Episodes|
|"Safe Space" ▪ "Things to Do in Seattle When You're Dead" ▪ "Careful What You Witch For" ▪ "Deconstructing Harry" ▪ "The Truth about Kat and Dogs" ▪ "When Sparks Fly" ▪ "Past is Present" ▪ "The Rules of Engagement" ▪ "Guess Who's Coming to SafeSpace Seattle" ▪ "Curse Words" ▪ "Dance Like No One is Witching" ▪ "Needs to Know" ▪ "Breaking the Cycle" ▪ "Sudden Death" ▪ "Third Time's the Charm" ▪ "The Enemy of My Frenemy" ▪ "Search Party" ▪ "Don't Look Back in Anger" ▪ "Unsafe Space"|