Cicada Demons are a type of endothermal demons that awaken every seventeen years and come to the surface to find humans to host their eggs for reproduction. Some of their characteristics are their ability to shed their exoskeletons and their minds all being connected to one another, existing as a hive mind. They live in colonies and serve a queen.
In "Bug a Boo", a colony came to Hilltowne to repeat the process. They feigned opening an app company and had human recruits to help them find people to sign for the app. The applicants went on dates with what seemed like their perfect match, who were in fact the demons themselves. They kidnapped the applicants and implanted their bodies with eggs. When the same thing happened to Macy, Mel, Maggie and Harry went to the demons' lair to save her and the rest of the innocents.
Powers and Abilities
- Active Powers
- Web Generation: The ability to generate web-based constructs.
- Venom Secretion: The ability to release venom from the user's body.
- Shrieking: The ability to project a loud scream that immobilizes others.
- Limited Shapeshifting: The ability to alter one's appearance. Cicada Demons can shift between human and demon form.
- Supernatural Agility: The ability to perform superhuman feats.
- Passive Powers
- Resistance: The power to resist to a certain point the powers of others. Showed by one drone whose mind could be read by Maggie while time was frozen.
Book of Shadows Entry
Continued from the general Endothermal Demons passage. This page is to reference Endothermal Cicada’s only
Can take on alternate forms when its exoskeletons are shed. Mate every 17 years
Dangers & Warnings
When threatened, Endothermal Cicada Demons, ECD’s, respond with an auditory assault upon their attackers. ECD’s administer a numbing agent into their prey for purposes of mating or incubation
Exoskeletal shedding - 4 complete shed cycles are required before alternate forms are reached
Dangers & Warnings cont.
That being said, once a host has been injected an Endothermal Queen can lay her eggs in host bodies at anytime. If mating is successful the hatchlings will then feed on the bodies of their hosts for immediate nutrients
ECD’s may use out of date language and are prone to distant clicking and buzzing like sounds before injecting their prey with a numbing agent.
See Fumigation Spells, most effective are the Kunjō Suru, Ka ... and Xūn