|“||My dad was never "Dexter." He was just "Dad"... or "Sir" when I was in trouble.||”|
— Macy describing her dad
At some point, Dexter met and fell in love with Marisol Vera and was aware that she was a witch. They conceived their first-born daughter, Macy Vaughn, together who turned out to be a stillborn, although they resurrected her with necromancy.
When Macy was two years old, Marisol sent them both since their time as a family was up per the necromancer's deal. After lying to Macy about her mother passing away, he went on to raise her by himself.
He and Marisol kept in touch via letters. It's known they still saw each other secretly as they conceived Maggie Vera during New Years of 2000, whom he was aware of.
He sent Macy to boarding school in ninth grade. He passed away in 2016, and Macy had been living on her own until she united with her sisters.
According to Macy, Dexter was very strict and direct, never one to talk about emotions. He taught Macy to be independent.
- Macy Vaughn: After Marisol was forced to abandon Macy when she was just two, Dexter lied to Macy, claiming that she died and went on to raise her. Years later, as an adult, Macy learns Marisol left her.
- Maggie Vera: Dexter was aware that he fathered Macy's baby sister, Maggie. However, he never got the chance to meet her.
- Marisol and Dexter: It is unknown how long this relationship lasted. Marisol and Dexter made a deal with a demon to save Macy's life and if Marisol sees Macy the demon will kill Macy. Marisol was forced to leave. Macy learns in the letters they wrote to each other that they were madly in love with each other. He conceived Maggie during a weekend in New Years 2000.
|Season One Appearances (1/22)|
|1. "Pilot"||2. "Let This Mother Out "|
|3. "Sweet Tooth"||4. "Exorcise Your Demons"|
|5. "Other Women"||6. "Kappa Spirit"|
|7. "Out of Scythe"||8. "Bug a Boo"|
|9. "Jingle Hell"||10. "Keep Calm and Harry On"|
|11. "Witch Perfect"||12. "You're Dead to Me"|
|13. "Manic Pixie Nightmare"||14. "Touched by a Demon"|
|15. "Switches & Stones"||16. "Memento Mori"|
|17. "Surrender"||18. "The Replacement"|
|19. "Source Material"||20. "Ambush"|
|21. "Red Rain"||22. "The Source Awakens"|
|Season Two Appearances (1/19)|
|1. "Safe Space"||2. "Things to Do in Seattle When You're Dead"|
|3. "Careful What You Witch For"||4. "Deconstructing Harry"|
|5. "The Truth about Kat and Dogs"||6. "When Sparks Fly"|
|7. "Past is Present"||8. "The Rules of Engagement"|
|9. "Guess Who's Coming to SafeSpace Seattle"||10. "Curse Words"|
|11. "Dance Like No One is Witching"||12. "Needs to Know"|
|13. "Breaking the Cycle"||14. "Sudden Death"|
|15. "Third Time's the Charm"||16. "The Enemy of My Frenemy"|
|17. "Search Party"||18. "Don't Look Back in Anger"|
|19. "Unsafe Space"|
- He died prior to the series.
- In Witch Perfect, Macy reveals he died in April 2016.
- He is the first of the Charmed Ones' fathers to be mentioned.
- His name was assumed to be Ray in Kappa Spirit.
- In Keep Calm and Harry On, it is learned that Dexter fathered Maggie.
- In Witch Perfect, Macy confirms that Dexter is Maggie's father.
- He was aware of Marisol being a witch and the existence of magic. He also knew that he had a second daughter.
- He was never mad at Marisol, she was forced to leave when she made a deal with a necromancer to save Macy's life. The necromancer told Marisol if she sees Macy, Macy will die.