PAST AND PRESENT – An urgent problem leads Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) to seek help from their father, while Macy (Madeleine Mantock) discovers a shocking secret about her past. Also starring Rupert Evans and Jordan Donica.
- Containment Spell
- Used by The Charmed Ones to contain an amnesiac Harry.
- Containment Releasing Spell
- Used by Macy to disable the containment spell around an amnesiac Harry.
- Lost Memory Balm
- Used by Macy in an attempt to restore Harry's memory, which backfired due to the chip placed in Harry's head, causing a huge blow back and causing Macy to fall under the spell instead.
- Purification Tea
- Used by Maggie in an attempt to calm her panic attack while under the impression it was being caused by poison.
- Emotional Inception: Expansion of Maggie's primary power. Used to project her emotions onto two guards.
- Healing: Used by Harry to heal Macy.
- Memory Erasure: Used by Harry in a flashback to wipe Macy's memory.
- Molecular Acceleration: Used by Mel to burn out the control panel of a door in order to open it.
- Orbing: Used by Harry in an attempt to orb him and Macy to Fort Easton, but failed due to Darklighter poison. Used by Harry in a flashback to orb to Marisol.
- Pyrokinesis: Accidentally used by young Macy to light up a classmate’s shirt.
- Portal Creation: Used by Mel, Ray, and Maggie through the system at the Command Center.
- Telekinesis: Used by Macy to move a large trunk to block the attic door.
- Memory Blocking Chip: A small device that the Faction implanted in Harry's head. This chip blocked Harry's memory of life as a Whitelighter, until Jordan removed it from his head.
- Ray Vera returns in this episode. He was last seen in Curse Words.
- Marisol Vera appeared in a flashback in this episode. She was last seen in The Source Awakens.
- Dexter Vaughn appeared in a flashback in this episode. He was last seen in You're Dead to Me.
- Harry Greenwood's Darklighter, Nadia, Abigael Jameson-Caine, Bruce, Cassie and Clara Westwell were seen in an archive footage.
- In the flashback, Macy was seen wearing her Yin Yang Pendant.
- Choochi was mentioned in this episode.
Answered Questions from Previous Episode(s)
- Will Harry regain his memories?
- Macy attempted to use a memory restoring spell to recover Harry's lost memory. With Jordan's help to remove the magic-blocking chip in his head, his memory successfully returned.
- What will the Faction do now that they know the sisters are magical?
- How will the Charmed Ones protect themselves?
References to the Original Charmed
- Ray mentioned a therapist named Dr. Gordon. In the original, Piper's boyfriend in season two was named Dan Gordon.
- Macy remembered meeting Harry once when she was twenty-two before he wiped her memory. This is a nod toward the original show from when Leo admitted to watching over Piper since infancy, and when they were lovers in their past incarnations.
- When Macy remembered her past, she found out that she had pyrokinesis, her demon side power. This is similar to the original when Leo took Paige into the past and she discovered that she was always capable of orbing, which was her Whitelighter side power, but both Macy and Paige had forgotten about it.
- Maggie reflected her emotions by accident and made two guards turn on each other. In the comic book version of the original Charmed, Phoebe developed a similar power, calling it "Psychic Reflection", which allowed her to manipulate people's emotions, including intensifying them so high that it could kill them.
- Harry suffers from amnesia, and doesn't remember who he is. His original counterpart Leo also developed amnesia, after being put through a trial by the Elders in the episode "The Seven Year Witch".
- When the sister join hands together, their pose, as well as the camera view, matches the original Charmed Ones positions, when they summoned the Angel of Destiny, in the episode "Vaya Con Leos".
- There was discussion about Maggie suffering panic attacks as a child after Ray left. In the original, Piper used to have night terrors caused due to the same reason.
- While suffering from a panic attack, Maggie is holding a jar called Piper methysticum. Piper was the name of one of the Charmed Ones, in the original series.
- The episode was watched by 0.62 million U.S. viewers.
- This episode is the directorial debut of Rupert Evans, who portrays Harry Greenwood and his Darklighter.
Maggie (to Ray and Mel): I am pissed. And I am hurt. And I'm tired of pretending that I'm not.
Jordan: Having a panic attack doesn't mean you're weak. It just means you're human.
|Season 2 Episodes|
|"Safe Space" ▪ "Things to Do in Seattle When You're Dead" ▪ "Careful What You Witch For" ▪ "Deconstructing Harry" ▪ "The Truth about Kat and Dogs" ▪ "When Sparks Fly" ▪ "Past is Present" ▪ "The Rules of Engagement" ▪ "Guess Who's Coming to SafeSpace Seattle" ▪ "Curse Words" ▪ "Dance Like No One is Witching" ▪ "Needs to Know" ▪ "Breaking the Cycle" ▪ "Sudden Death" ▪ "Third Time's the Charm" ▪ "The Enemy of My Frenemy" ▪ "Search Party" ▪ "Don't Look Back in Anger" ▪ "Unsafe Space"|