Throughout the Series
In "Past is Present", Maggie Vera stole Jordan Chase's sport wristband containing his sweat residue as required for a spell that would reveal what type of magic was present in him. It revealed that he was cursed by the dying breath of a witch. Later, after Harry Greenwood cloned Jordan's family ring and stole the original, Macy Vaughn performed a spell to reveal the most significant moment of the ring's history. It revealed that Lawrence Mortimer Chase, also known as the Witchfinder General and an ancestor of Jordan's, was cursed by Florence after sentencing her and her coven to death. The curse seemingly caused all the males in Chase's family to pass away before their 26th birthday.
In "Curse Words", it is revealed that Florence became a vengeful ghost who watched Lawrence Mortimer Chase's descendants die from her curse for 130 years. But on the eve of Jordan Chase's 26th birthday, Maggie Vera foresaw and prevented his death from a neon sign. Because of this, the angry Florence came to personally kill him. Eventually, Jordan decided to return her ring to her, and this act and the words of Maggie were able to calm her anger. She then left Swan's body and disappearing, she gave Maggie a hint for Jordan so that he could free his family from the curse. He must find "balance in justice."
In "The Enemy of My Frenemy", When Jordan drank an potion to make it appear like he was dead. Florence visited him and gives him an cryptic warning when he tells her he's doing all he can to balance the scales of justice.
Florence was once a good witch who wished only to protect her kind. After Lawrence Mortimer Chase burned her and her fellow witches, she became a vengeful spirit who targeted each and every male family member in the Chase family to enact the curse she put on them. After Maggie convinced her of Jordan Chase's goodness, she returned to her former self and told Maggie what Jordan needed to do in order to end the curse for good.
Powers and Abilities
- Active Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals. As a witch, she was able to cast a curse on Lawrence Mortimer Chase and his family.
- Spirit Powers
- Cryokinesis: The ability to decrease temperatures and generate frost. As a spirit, Florence was able to cause the temperature in SafeSpace, Seattle to drop drastically enough to frost over the windows.
- Flight: The ability to defy gravity and propel oneself in any direction through the air. In her flying ghost form, Florence took on a white, smoky appearance.
- Electromagnetic Interference: The ability to cause nearby electronics to malfunction. As a ghost, Florence was able to cause the lights to blow out around her and caused appliances to spark.
- Possession: The ability to take control of living beings by entering their bodies. As a spirit, she was able to possess Swan.
|Season Two Appearances (3/19)|
|1. "Safe Space"||2. "Things to Do in Seattle When You're Dead"|
|3. "Careful What You Witch For"||4. "Deconstructing Harry"|
|5. "The Truth about Kat and Dogs"||6. "When Sparks Fly"|
|7. "Past is Present"||8. "The Rules of Engagement"|
|9. "Guess Who's Coming to SafeSpace Seattle"||10. "Curse Words"|
|11. "Dance Like No One is Witching"||12. "Needs to Know"|
|13. "Breaking the Cycle"||14. "Sudden Death"|
|15. "Third Time's the Charm"||16. "The Enemy of My Frenemy"|
|17. "Search Party"||18. "Don't Look Back in Anger"|
|19. "Unsafe Space"|