|“|| Harry: According to the ancient texts, its sole purpose is to raise the Source of All Evil, summoning its master by tipping the scales to evil with a deluge of blood—
The Charmed Ones: And the deafening screams of human torment.
— An explanation of the Harbinger
After The Charmed Ones' accepted their destiny, The Harbinger emerged in its primordial form and attacked a custodian in the lab at Hilltowne University. It would later make its way to find Angela Wu and use her as a vessel. It then began preyed upon virgins on campus, killing Cameron Russo, a student named Penelope, and a nun in the university ministry. She started targeting Macy Vaughn at the Halloween party, only to be knocked out by Mel Vera's Sonic Boom Spell and contained in the attic of Vera Manor.
As The Harbinger grew more powerful, the Elder Charity Callahan ordered The Charmed Ones to slay the demon under the full moon, as the demon will come to full strength by then. Mel, however, wanted to save the host, and together with her sisters, devised a plan to exorcise the demon, with a hidden spell written by their mother. With the spell, Harry Greenwood and Charity's assistance, and Angela's own fighting strength, they manage to extract The Harbinger and trap it in a paint can. Charity was returning home with the trapped Harbinger when a mysterious man showed up and compelled her to switch cans with him.
The Harbinger is a sadistic demon, taking pleasure in frightening The Charmed Ones and gloating about unleashing death and destruction upon the world.
The Harbinger's primordial form is that of a black living goo. While possessing Angela, it transformed her body, making her look like a decaying zombie with gray skin and wild hair. From time to time, a red energy would pulsate from the cracks of her skin.
Powers and Abilities
- Possession: The ability to possess the bodies of an individual against their consent. The Harbinger must possess a person in order to use its full strength of powers.
- Shapeshifting (limited): The ability to alter one's physical form. Once possessing a vessel, the Harbinger is able to alter the appearance of the vessel into more demonic appearance, and even to stretch the structural limits of the vessel.
- Sensing: The ability to determine the location and status of other beings.
- Touch of Death: The ability to cause death by touching their victims.
- Supernatural Strength: The ability to be stronger than what is naturally possible. The Harbinger was strong enough to tear a person apart, however was unable to break chains that enchanted especially to hold it.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to certain magical effects. Harry stated that the Harbinger is too powerful to be frozen.
- Sugar: The Harbinger has a weakness to sugar due to it having sulfuric acid in its physiology. If it were to ingest something with a large enough sugar ratio, a huge chemical reaction will occur.
- Virgin blood: It seems that when The Harbinger smells spilled blood of a virgin, he becomes obsessed with the desire to receive this sacrifice no matter what.
- Powerful Magic: The harbinger is vulnerable to powerful magic, such as Sonic Boom Spell, Exorcism Ritual and Containment Spell.
- The Harbinger of Hell has an ability to acquire the memories and personality traits of its host, which it used to imitate Angela Wu.
- The Harbinger-possessed Angela's appearance likely references the ghost of Kayako Saeki from he Ju-on and The Grudge horror films.
I will spread pestilence, death and disaster, and The Source will rise!
|Charmed: Season 1 Appearances|
|1. "Pilot"||2. "Let this Mother Out "|
|3. "Sweet Tooth"||4. "Exorcise Your Demons"|
|5. "Other Women"||6. "Kappa Spirit"|
|7. "Out of Scythe"||8. "Bug a Boo"|
|9. "Jingle Hell"||10. "Keep Calm and Harry On"|
|11. "Witch Perfect"||12. "You're Dead to Me"|
|13. "Manic Pixie Nightmare"||14. "Touched by a Demon"|
|15. "TBA"||16. "TBA"|
|17. "TBA"||18. "TBA"|
|19. "TBA"||20. "TBA"|
|21. "TBA"||22. "TBA"|