Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Active Powers
- Prophecy: Melinda had this power, which allowed her to see the future.
- Telekinesis: Melinda had the power to move objects and people with her mind.
- Unknown Immobility Power: She is said to have had the ability to "stop her enemies as though in stone."
- Inactive Powers
- Immunity: Being a witch, Melinda was inherently immune to certain magical abilities (e.g. the Sirens' songs and to Pixie Dust).
Book of Shadows Entry
A legendary witch born of two mortals.
Blessed with the powers to will objects to move, to see what is to come and stop her enemies as though in stone.
Her legacy is the powerful and infamous Warren line of witches. Melinda’s birth was foretold by the first witch, who tried to protect her mother Charlotte with the power of triquetra. And therefore on the All Hallows' Day, Charlotte was captured by malevolent forces who sought to use the unborn child’s powers for evil purposes.
- In the original series, Melinda Warren was the only child of two mortals, Charlotte Warren and Lawrence Cutler. Born on October 31, 1670, she was an exceptionally powerful witch who possessed the powers of telekinesis, molecular immobilization, and premonition. She started the line of Warren witches which, as prophesied by Melinda herself, culminated in the arrival of the three (actually four) most powerful witches of all time; the Charmed Ones. In the reboot, it is unconfirmed but possible that she is an ancestor of the Vera sisters.
- It's unknown whether Melinda Warren is an actual person who exists in the new series.
- It was mentioned at San Diego Comic-Con that the Melinda Warren page seen in the Book of Shadows is an Easter Egg.
- In her Book of Shadows entry, Melinda is described as having had the ability to "stop her enemies as though in stone." However, as an unclear definition, this leaves her third and final power up for debate. She could have had either of four abilities:
- Temporal Stasis - the ability to stop the flow of time
- Molecular Immobilization - the ability to stop the movement of molecules, causing objects and individuals to become motionless, and her power in the original series
- Bodily Immobilization - the ability to completely stop the bodily functions of others, causing them to become motionless
- Petrification - the ability to turn other beings into stone