WHAT THE HEART DESIRES – A mysterious SOS call from Whitelighter Helen (Azura Skye) draws Harry (Rupert Evans), Mel (Melonie Diaz), Macy (Madeleine Mantock) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) into a perilous conflict with Darklighter Helen. In an attempt to reignite the Power of Three, Macy resorts to drastic measures.
- Containment Spell
- Used by Maggie and Mel to contain Helen's Darklighter.
- Containment Release Spell
- Used by Maggie to free Helen's Darklighter.
- Demonic Power Stripping Ritual
- Used by Abigael to strip Macy of her demonic powers.
- Power of Three Restoration Ritual
- Used by Macy, Mel and Maggie in attempt to restore the Power of Three.
- Foresight: Used by Maggie to see Helen's Darklighter is Plymouth, Massachusetts at an intersection, and later to see Helen's Darklighter about to attack Harry Greenwood.
- Healing: Used by Harry in an attempt to heal Helen.
- Orbing: Used by Harry to travel.
- Portal Creation: Used by Harry and Maggie through the use of the Command Center to travel.
- Power Absorption: Used by Abigael through the use of a demonic power stripping ritual to steal Macy's demonic powers.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by Abigael to burn a plate of food, and later to demonstrate to Parker Caine that she stole Macy's demonic powers for herself.
- Telekinesis: Used by Abigael to levitate Parker and hold him against the roof of his cage.
- Black Amber: Magical tree sap. Used by Macy in an attempt to reawaken her witch powers.
- Book of Elders: The Elders' tome of magical knowledge. Macy attempted to look through it, but was interrupted by Darklighter Helen.
- Power Cuffs: Cuffs that negate magical powers. Abigael had Parker wear one while in her captivity.
- Ritual Dagger: A dagger/knife used for the Demonic Power Stripping Ritual. Used by Abigael to complete the ritual and remove Macy's demonic powers.
- Helen McGantry and her Darklighter return in this episode. They were last seen in Deconstructing Harry.
- Parker Caine returns as a guest in this episode. He was last seen in The Rules of Engagement.
- Jordan Chase does not appear in this episode, but he is shown to be texting Maggie throughout the episode.
- Julian Shea was mentioned. He was last seen in Dance Like No One is Witching.
- As of this episode, Harry Greenwood is the last remaining Whitelighter.
- Harry and the sisters realize his Darklighter is still alive.
- Will Macy regain her witch powers?
- Will Macy tell Maggie that Parker is still alive?
References to the Original Charmed
- Macy learns Parker is alive, following his alleged death, and chooses to keep it a secret. In the original series, Phoebe helped fake Cole's death, and concealed the truth from her sisters.
- Macy's powers are stolen by Abigael. In the original series, the Charmed Ones' powers were stolen on multiple occasions.
- The episode was watched by 0.57 million U.S. viewers.
- The title of this episode is a reference to "Need to Know", also known as NTK, a technology newsletter published from 1997 to 2007. This can also be a reference to the song of the same name by the British record producer Mark Wilkinson.
Macy: Maybe that's why I don't have my witch powers back. I'm being punished for experiencing joy.
Macy: Women finally have a say in how things go. Let's not resort to the same nonsense men have been perpetuating for centuries.
|Season 2 Episodes|
|"Safe Space" ▪ "Things to Do in Seattle When You're Dead" ▪ "Careful What You Witch For" ▪ "Deconstructing Harry" ▪ "The Truth about Kat and Dogs" ▪ "When Sparks Fly" ▪ "Past is Present" ▪ "The Rules of Engagement" ▪ "Guess Who's Coming to SafeSpace Seattle" ▪ "Curse Words" ▪ "Dance Like No One is Witching" ▪ "Needs to Know" ▪ "Breaking the Cycle" ▪ "Sudden Death" ▪ "Third Time's the Charm" ▪ "The Enemy of My Frenemy" ▪ "Search Party" ▪ "Don't Look Back in Anger" ▪ "Unsafe Space"|