|“||I love my work. I get to help people who have been lost. I just really feel like I'm doing what I should be doing.||”|
— Niko in You're Dead to Me
In the original timeline, she was a homicide detective for the Hilltowne Police Department and was in a relationship with Mel. Her past was rewritten by the Charmed Ones to keep her safe from a dangerous demon.
Niko trained to become a police officer before being promoted to a detective. She was stationed in Lakeview, Michigan and was engaged to a woman named Greta.
But after meeting Mel Vera, Niko decided to leave Greta and move to Hilltowne to be with Mel. After joining the Hilltowne Police Department, she was partnered with Trip Bailey, someone she would become friends with.
Mel and Niko continue their relationship for two years until a tragic event forced them to split up.
A New Timeline
After having her history rewritten by the Charmed Ones, Niko felt compelled to make a change in her life. Even though she was on the verge of making detective, she decided to quit her job and become a private investigator instead.
Throughout the Series
Three months later, it was revealed that Niko and Mel had broken up.
They ended up getting back together shortly afterward but Niko's job and Mel's Charmed duties kept getting in the way.
When Trip got killed while investigating a string of deaths (The Elders), Niko started digging into the deaths, putting herself in danger. After a near-death experience, Mel realized that Niko would be safer if they never met. So, with the help of her sisters, she performed a spell to change the timeline to a version where she and Niko never met. This removed Niko from Mel's life but also kept her safe.
Niko is an Asian woman that has dark brown hair that reaches her neck. She wears the typical outfit of a tomboy detective, generally striped shirts, jeans and heel boots. She used to wear thick glasses though she wasn't near-sighted.
- Detective Training: Niko is a police detective and received training in order to do her job efficiently.
- Investigation Skills: Niko is a skilled investigator and looks into all of her cases very thoroughly.
- Niko and Trip Bailey: Niko and Trip were partners and friends. The two worked well together but had differences when Trip started to become suspicious of Mel and her sisters. When Trip died, Niko was devastated from losing her friend but was even more upset by the fact that he was linked to the Halloween murders.
- Niko and Mel: Niko had a long history with Mel, having left her fiancée, Greta, to be with her. The two were together until Mel's mother died, putting a strain on their relationship and forcing Niko to break up with Mel. The two got back together after Mel discovered that she was a witch and Niko saw a change in Mel's attitude and general demeanor. But their relationship and history were erased by a spell cast by Mel, wanting to keep Niko safe from the world of magic.
- Niko and Greta: Niko and Greta were engaged but Niko ended the engagement to be with Mel. The two did hook up while Niko and Mel were broken up for some time but Niko regretted it and felt guilty about the situation. Since Mel changed history, it is unknown whether or not they ever ended the engagement.
|Charmed: Season 1 Appearances|
|1. "Pilot"||2. "Let this Mother Out "|
|3. "Sweet Tooth"||4. "Exorcise Your Demons"|
|5. "Other Women"||6. "Kappa Spirit"|
|7. "Out of Scythe"||8. "Bug a Boo"|
|9. "Jingle Hell"||10. "Keep Calm and Harry On"|
|11. "Witch Perfect"||12. "You're Dead to Me"|
|13. "Manic Pixie Nightmare"||14. "Touched by a Demon"|
|15. "Switches & Stones"||16. "Memento Mori"|
|17. "Surrender"||18. "The Replacement"|
|19. "TBA"||20. "TBA"|
|21. "TBA"||22. "TBA"|
- Niko serves a role similar to that of Andy Trudeau's in the original series.
- She is a lesbian and is the second LGBT+ character shown within the series.
- Niko is Japanese-American just like her portrayer.
"It's just I never questioned my ability to do this job before, you know? Even when people assumed I couldn't do it. But to have missed all the signs? Maybe they were right." —Niko doubting herself to Mel in Other Women.