The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Orbing is assumed to be a basic power of all Whitelighters. Whitelighters are able to teleport with other beings and objects through physical contact, though this is said to deplete their magical energy.
- Original Power
- Through spell, artifact, power stealing, etc.
- This power is the first mode of teleportation seen onscreen.
- The visual effects for Orbing in this series are very different than in the original series. When someone orbed in the original series, they turned into a swarm of blue and white orbs that usually rose upwards or sunk downwards, depending on the direction the being is going. In the reboot, Whitelighters transport in a similar fashion as the wizards of Harry Potter do via Disapparition, however, it is still referred to as "Orbing."
- In You're Dead to Me, Mel uses the term "orbing" for the first time.
- In both Touched by a Demon and Switches & Stones, Harry refers to his teleportation as "orbing".
- In Switches & Stones, Mel calls Jada's teleportation "orb."
- In The Replacement, Tessa, the second Whitelighter to appear in the series, also calls her teleportation ability, "orbing," effectively giving this form of teleportation its name.
- In Kappa Spirit, Harry reveals that he can orb into midair and grab someone mid-teleportation, although he does think of it as "a bit unorthodox".
- In The Replacement, Tessa refers to orbing as "western magic". In the original series, the sisters referred to witchcraft several times as "western magic", which they described as separated from "eastern thinking", which is more ritualistic.
- ↑ This is stated only once; however, in subsequent episodes, Harry has been shown to orb with other beings with relatively no depletion of energy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.