|“||I'm dropping out. Mom, Niko, my job. And I guess it gave me clarity on what wasn't working in my life. Harry's right... people do what they want to do. And my thesis, this academic career I was so sure I wanted Maybe it was more about following in Mom's footsteps. And I'm just not sure I want that anymore. So until I figure out what I do want, I've got other ways to honor Mom.||”|
— Mel Vera
CLARITY — After some unusual seismic activity, Harry (Rupert Evans) informs the sisters that Hilltowne is a portal to hell. With that said, the sisters must band together to fight off a shadowy demon that is trying to obtain a collection of powerful magical artifacts. Meanwhile, Macy (Madeleine Mantock) is given an exciting opportunity at work which comes with unexpected complications. Lastly, Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) has a conflict of conscience over her relationship with Parker (Nick Hargrove). Melonie Diaz also stars.
Book of Shadows
- Shadow Demons
- An entry on Shadow Demons. Mel found it while researching Shadow Demons to find their weakness.
- Candlelight Enchantment
- Mel used this spell to keep burning candles from permanently extinguishing in preparation for their battle with the Shadow Demon.
- Light of Theia
- The sisters used this spell in attempt to vanquish the Shadow Demon, but he used the shards of the Scythe of Tartarus to summon the third one and knock down one of the sisters.
- Telepathy: Maggie’s primary power. Used to read Parker’s mind three times while on their first date. Used to feel Parker’s pain in his shadow demon form and to let him know she feels his pain. Used to read Parker’s mind while kissing.
- Telekinesis: Macy’s primary power. Used to open doors to let bees in the manor. Used to remove a board from the wall of attic and to retrieve box from wall of attic. Used to get the Scythe from Maggie.
- Temporal Stasis: Mel’s primary power. Used to freeze the bees in the attic.
- Healing: Used by Harry to heal Leon.
- Elemental Mimicry: Used by Parker to assume a shadowy form.
- Conjuration: Used by Leon to conjure a garden-like apparition at Vera Manor.
- Electrokinesis: Used by Jada to generate a bolt of lightning and knock the Scythe out of Mel's hands.
- Remote Hearing: Used by Harry to hear Mel's call.
- Teleportation: Used by Harry to get around.
- Lightning Teleportation: Used by Jada to escape Vera Manor.
- Intangibility: Used by Parker to phase through solid objects.
- Supernatural Speed: Used by Parker for move in extreme speeds.
- Stealth: Used by Parker while in Shadow Form to remain unheard while moving and obscure his identity.
- Simulation Creation: Generated by the Training Orb when wielded by Maggie.
- Training Orb: Used by Maggie to create an erotic fantasy involving Parker.
- Zeus's Beacon: Part of Scythe of Tartarus.
- Scythe of Tartarus: Mystical artifact created by Greek gods capable of opening the Tartarus.
- Book of Shadows: The sisters used a spell in it to enchant candles and later to try to vanquish the Shadow Demon.
- This is the first episode to credit Nick Hargrove as Parker as a regular.
- In the Pennsylvania market specifically the Pittsburgh one, this episode moved to airing at Monday at midnight due to various after shows of Nightly Sport Calls.
- This episode is the first in which Mel and Maggie's dad is mentioned.
- This is the second episode to mention Meghan Markle.
- When the sisters bowed in respect to Sela, Maggie curtsied, a gesture shown toward royalty—Maggie's actress, Sarah Jeffery, played the role of Princess Audrey in Disney Channel movie Descendants.
- What does Jada Shields want with the Scythe of Tartarus?
- What connection does Macy have to the Key and Tartarus?
- What is Parker's story?
- How will Caine open the can containing the Harbinger of Hell?
Answered Questions from the Previous Episode(s)
- What is the function of the Key that Macy found?
- The Key that Macy found is a beacon meant to reassemble the Scythe of Tartarus.
- What will Maggie do now that she is out of Kappa?
- Maggie decides to focus more on her study and take psychology as her major.
- What will Mel do now that she loses her teaching assistant job due to time shift?
- Mel decides to drop out from the university as she finally realizes that it is not her genuine passion, and starts to work as a bartender at The Haunt.
- Can Lucy ever forgive Maggie and Parker?
- Lucy has a new boyfriend and she's happy. She also sends them messages to wish Maggie and Parker happiness.
References to the Original Charmed
- This episode marks the first time a half-demon has appeared. Parker's character is based off Cole Turner, the recurring love interest for Phoebe from Season 3 to Season 5. Cole first appeared in the Season 3 premiere of the original series. Prue disliked him while half-sister Paige despised him. Cole even tried to turn Phoebe against her sisters when they married and attempted to torture disapproving Paige into insanity.
- In the original series, Phoebe attended college and went through a year and a half studying psychology, just like Maggie is deciding to study psychology.
- This episode also heavily references Greek and Egyptian mythologies.
- Mel starts working at the local bar, The Haunt; a nod toward Piper's job as owner of her own nightclub.
- The episode was watched by 0.87 million U.S. Viewers.
- In the scene where Leon was attacked, the demon plunged into his stomach on the right side. However, when he later appeared at Vera Manor, he showed the wound on his left.
- Despite the synopsis, there was no mention of Hilltowne being a portal to Hell in this episode.
|Season 1 Episodes|
|"Pilot" ▪ "Let This Mother Out" ▪ "Sweet Tooth" ▪ "Exorcise Your Demons" ▪ "Other Women" ▪ "Kappa Spirit" ▪ "Out of Scythe" ▪ "Bug a Boo" ▪ Jingle Hell ▪ Keep Calm and Harry On ▪ Witch Perfect ▪ You're Dead to Me|
|Manic Pixie Nightmare ▪ Touched by a Demon ▪ 1.15 ▪ 1.16 ▪ 1.17 ▪ 1.18 ▪ 1.19 ▪ 1.20 ▪ 1.21 ▪ 1.22|