Resistance is the power to resist and fight through certain magical abilities. This is not a term or label of a power used in-universe, but rather describes a trait suggested to be inherent to some magical beings, such as demons and witches.
The following magical powers have shown vulnerability to resistance:
- Empathic Telepathy: Parker Caine was able to deceive Maggie's telepathic powers by using certain intended thoughts to hide his more suspicious ones.
- Temporal Stasis: Taydeus, the Imposter Demon and Hunter Caine were able to struggle against remaining frozen in time, regaining movement for a fraction of a second before freezing again. Mel Vera stated that she did not believe she would be able to keep demons with this ability frozen for long. It has been that beings with this ability retain some awareness that time has stopped, which allows them to struggle against its effects.
- Mesmerizing: Charity Callahan was noted to be able to resist being mesmerized. However, if the user is powerful enough, they may be able to affect her.
- Memory Erasure: The Charmed Ones are able to resist the effects of this ability to a certain extent, allowing the memories to slowly bleed back through. The exact limit of this is unknown, as the sisters have all had their memories erased without the memories coming back. It is possible that it only works when the memories are removed without consent.
- Molecular Inhibition: The second magic infused monster created by the Faction was able to fight through Mel's molecular freezing abilities. She was only able to freeze his head for a moment before he broke free.
- Original Power
- Through spells, artifacts, power stealing, etc
- In the original series, resisting and fighting through inhibitory powers, such as Piper’s freezes, was referred to as Adjusting.