- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Magical Notes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Answered Questions from Previous Episode(s)
- 7 Unanswered Questions
- 8 References to the Original Charmed
- 9 Production Notes
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Videos
- 13 See Also
HIGH STAKES – The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock and Sarah Jeffery) must come to terms with their romantic relationships as they face the greatest sacrifice of their lives. Also starring Rupert Evans, Jordan Donica and Poppy Drayton.
The sisters learn that the fate of the magical beings is all tried to the fate of the tree that has been desecrated. One the last leave falls, all magic is dead. The sisters will also get sick. They need to piece the necklace back together but they don’t know-how. A piece from each sister is somewhere in the world where they hid them.
They decide to go to Abigael and ask her to recover their memories. She is already very weak but agrees. They all get clues and they need to move fast. Meanwhile, at a florist shop in London, Jimmy returns to himself.
Mel tries to work out her clue while she sits with Abigael. Maggie heads to what she refers to as memory lane with Jordan. They arrive at Kappa. Meanwhile, Macy catches a lead about where her piece may be hidden after she examines a pair of sandals she believes she was wearing. Harry transports with her.
Mel calls on Celeste to get her help. She needs to travel through time to the future where she hid her piece. She will need a timekeeper to be on the safe side. Abigael agrees to go. They arrive in the future.
Maggie and Jordan dress up and head into Kappa. They are having a party. Maggie learns that she left a legacy behind, a drinking game. She hopes to do better. She looks in several places with no luck. Heidi recognize her. Maggie needs to hurry.
Macy and Harry arrive on a beach. Meanwhile, Mel visits the grave of her mother. She finds her piece and also sees her own gravestone with her death dated today (The day she came from)!
Mel thinks over her possibilities. Maybe she has to die for the magical world to live. Someone is coming into the cemetery. She and Abigael hide. Ruby is older now. She lays flowers on Mel's grave, telling her granddaughter Mel to sacrifice herself for the magical world. Mel tells Abigael they need to go back now.
Maggie is feeling defeated. The magic is dying fast and she cannot find her piece. She cannot believe she could have hidden it here. They hide out on a balcony. After looking at the stars, Maggie realizes the clue Kappa had to do with the stars and constellation and not the sorority. Meanwhile, Macy has also put together the idea that one of the sisters has to die and she tells Harry she will be the one. She is the oldest. Harry begs to take her place. She tells him they will find one another again. They dance on the beach near the waves in the dark.
The sisters return to one another and chant a spell to return the power. Now they need to return it to the tree. To do this they must break the sisterhood. They all argue about who will make the sacrifice. Mel quickly grabs the source and gives it to the guardian. Macy and Maggie run to her side. They will face it together. Just then, Jimmy shows up to see Harry. Their bond is severed with magic dead, Jimmy tells him. Now they can kill one another. Jimmy attacks him. Harry fights back. Harry finally stabs Jimmy who dies quickly.
The sisters come in to see what happened. Their destiny was their own. They did it. They go to celebrate with hugs but couldn’t jump back in pain.
Meanwhile, Abigael wakes healthy again but finds a letter from her mother and sister telling her to leave them alone. In a rage, she burns the letter, and then destroys her apartment. After that, Abigael takes out the item they have returned to her. It turns out to be a miniature totem in the shape of a horned black demon. Abigael breaks the totem, and this action restores her demonic side. After that, she turns into a demon herself.
- Apportation Spell
- Used by Celeste to send cocktails and her watch to the Command Center.
- Candle Lighting Spell
- Used by Macy to light up the Command Center.
- Celeste's Time Travel Spell
- Used by Celeste to send Mel and Abigael through time.
- Time Travel Return Spell
- Used by Abigael to send them back to their own time.
- Revelation Spell
- Used by Mel to open the secret compartment; then by Maggie to open the compartment under her jewelry box.
- Source Fusing Spell
- Used by the Charmed Ones to restore the Source.
- Used by Maggie in attempt to glamour herself and Jordan, but failed.
- Olim in Via Potion
- Used by Macy to retrace her footsteps to find out where she hid the first piece of the Source.
- Mind Melding: Used by Abigael to retrieve memories for the Charmed Ones.
- Orbing: Used by Harry to travel himself and Macy across the world.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by Abigael to ransack her apartment in a rage.
- Shapeshifting: Used by Abigael to take on a demonic form.
- Telekinesis: Used by Macy to levitate her bed, and Abigael to ransack her apartment in rage.
- Black Amber: The black amber tree polluded, nearly killing magical beings in the process.
- Book of Elders: The Charmed Ones look up the book and realize its pages were fading away.
- Celeste's Pocket Watch: Celeste borrowed the watch to Mel and Abigael to help them travel to the future.
- Abigael's Totem: Used by Abigael to rejoin with her demonic form.
- Yin Yang Pendant: The sisters retrieved the three pieces of the pendant and reforged it to merge the Source with the black amber tree.
- The title of the episode is the same as the name of the process of determining the priority of patients' treatments by the severity of their condition or likelihood of recovery with and without treatment.
- Abigael Jameson-Caine and Jimmy return in this episode. They were last seen in An Inconvenient Truth.
- Celeste return in this episode. She was last seen in Unsafe Space.
- Heidi return in this episode. She was last seen in Kappa Spirit.
- The Source return in this episode. It was last seen in The Source Awakens.
- Marisol Vera and Ray Vera were mentioned. They were last seen in Don't Look Back in Anger.
- Francesca Jameson was mentioned. She was last mentioned in Search Party.
- Jimmy die in this episode.
- The events occur on February 14, 2021, the same date the episode airs.
- The Charmed Ones search for pieces of the necklace on a night when the full moon was shining in the sky. In real life, the full moon fell on February 27, 2021.
Answered Questions from Previous Episode(s)
- Who is Abigael's sister?
- It appears we will never know. Abigael's sister seemingly has a hatred towards her, as she gave her a letter telling her to never attempt to contact her again.
- Will Jimmy come back?
- Yes, with the intention of murdering Harry. However, Harry managed to overpower him and vanquish his Darklighter once and for all.
- How will the Charmed Ones save the magical world from its destruction?
- With the Source, they managed to repair the tree and restore the magical world.
- What does Jordan keep in the little bag for Abigael?
- A mysterious artifact, dressed as a creature with horns. After receiving the letter from her sister, Abigael snapped and opened the artifact, which turned her into the monster depicted on the artifact.
- What will happen to the Source?
- The Charmed Ones retrieved the necklace pieces and restored them to one, then merged it with the tree.
- Will the sisters be able to break the cycle of the Charmed Ones?
- By giving their lives for one another, they succeeded.
- What is the mysterious force in the middle of the Command Center?
- What are Abigael's intentions as this new monster?
- What is the new monster that Abigael has become?
References to the Original Charmed
- Mel time travels to the future and finds out she had died. Phoebe found out she was going to die ten years from her time, and time traveled there with her sisters to find out what happened. By finding out what happened, they were both able to change their fates.
- It's also similar to the scene of the original series when Paige found her headstone in apocalyptic alternative timeline in the 100th episode where the Charmed Ones failed to reconstitute.
- Jordan gives Maggie the alias Charlotte when they visit her old sorority house and run into Heidi. Charlotte in the original series was Melinda Warren's mother.
- Macy's dislike of beaches is similar to Prue's dislike of the beach that Grams took her, Piper and Phoebe to after their mother's funeral when they were kids.
- This episode deals with magic dying from the world. In the original series, Wyatt's birth, resulted in magic being temporarily lost.
- Abigael transforms into a demonic form. In the original series, Cole was able to shift between his human half, and his demonic half.
- The episode was watched by 0.37 million U.S. viewers.
- This was supposed to be the twenty-second episode of the the second season as season finale but due to the COVID-19 pandemic forcing production to shut down, the episode wasn't able to be filmed.
- Instead, this episode became the third episode of the third season.
- The episode aired on Valentine's Day, also called Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is celebrated annually on February 14. It originated as a Western Christian feast day honoring one or two early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine and is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world.
Macy: At least it's more specific than sandals. What does that even mean? I hate the beach. I don't even wear open toed shoes. Why would I hide the Source there?
Maggie: Jordan, you don't have to come with me.
Jordan: Look, I can say that this is just about me trying to help another witch, break my curse, but that would be a lie. I care about you, Maggie. And your sisters. I don't want anything to happen to you.
|Season 3 Episodes|
|"An Inconvenient Truth" ▪ "Someone's Going to Die" ▪ "Triage" ▪ "You Can't Touch This" ▪ "Yew Do You" ▪ "Private Enemy No. 1" ▪ "Witch Way Out" ▪ "O, The Tangled Web" ▪ "No Hablo Brujeria" ▪ "Bruja-Ha" ▪ "Witchful Thinking" ▪ "Spectral Healing" ▪ "Chaos Theory" ▪ "Perfecti Is the Enemy of Good" ▪ "Schrodinger's Future" ▪ "What to Expect When You're Expecting the Apocalypse" ▪ "The Storm Before the Calm" ▪ "I Dreamed a Dream…"|