- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Magical Notes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Answered Questions from Previous Episode(s)
- 7 Unanswered Questions
- 8 References to the Original Charmed
- 9 Production Notes
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Videos
- 13 References
- 14 See Also
SEASON FINALE – In the season finale, the Charmed Ones must stop the Faction from reaching the sacred tree in the Command Center before disaster strikes. In the meantime, Mel (Melonie Diaz) has a surprising encounter with Ruby (guest star Bethany Brown), Maggie’s (Sarah Jeffery) newfound powers prove a double-edged sword, and Harry (Rupert Evans) and Macy (Madeleine Mantock) deal with a new twist in their relationship.
The sisters learn that Julian and Vivienne are trying to find the black amber, and they think that could be dangerous because it is such a powerful substance. They realize that Julian's underground farming project was a ruse to get the black amber and decide that they need to get the Darklighter out of the bottle so they can find out about the Faction. Vivienne tells Julian that his sister, Rosemary, is awake after she gave her some of the black amber.
Harry gets Celeste to help them open the bottle. She and Harry go to get a skeleton key to open the bottle. Celeste says the girls need to get a witch that had been through Witchness Protection who has a marble to help them get back into the command center. She says there is a place where such witches get together under the guise of being a fan of a witch show.
The girls go, and Mel sees Ruby there. Ruby says she does not want to go back to being a witch, but she gives Mel the marble, and she takes it back, and a portal opens up. Macy and Maggie go in and the portal closes before Mel can go through and Macy and Maggie wind up inside the marble. Mel tells Celeste and Harry and Celeste says they needed the witch to help go through the portal and not just her marble. Mel gets Ruby and she helps them and they all go through the portal to the command center.
They want to release Jimmy from the bottle and need to do a spell to contain him. Celeste tells Harry not to move during the spell and he does when Macy is in trouble. He realizes that his feelings for Macy could hurt his job of helping the sisters.
In the end, Vivienne says they need to get more of the black amber to heal Rosemary permanently and Julian says he will get Macy.
- Nimue's Circle of Entrapment
- Used by Celeste, Harry and the Charmed Ones in attempt to trap the Darklighter.
- Storm Spell
- Used by Ruby to throw Harry's Darklighter back when he tried to escape from the Command Center.
- Emotional Inception: Used by Maggie to project her feelings of calm onto Macy.
- Healing: Used by an unknown Whitelighter to heal two witches.
- Orbing: Used by Harry to travel. Used by an unknown Whitelighter in a flashback to travel.
- Portal Creation: Used by the Charmed Ones through the Command Center's system in an attempt to re-enter the Command Center, but instead put Macy and Maggie inside the marble. Used by Ruby through the Command Center's system to get herself, Mel, Harry, and Celeste inside the Center, and free Maggie and Macy.
- Telekinesis: Used by Macy in a failed attempt to break out of the marble.
- Power Cuffs: Used by Harry to disempower his Darklighter.
- Marble: Used Ruby to get to the Command Center.
- Magic Detectors: Used by the Faction to track magical beings in SafeSpace, Seattle.
- Jimmy returns in this episode. He was last seen in "Sudden Death".
- Vivienne Laurent returns in this episode. She was last seen in "Search Party".
- Celeste returns in this episode. She was last seen in "Third Time's the Charm".
- Swan returns in this episode. She was last seen in "Curse Words".
- Charity Callahan is mentioned in this episode. She was last seen in "Red Rain".
Answered Questions from Previous Episode(s)
- Did Rosemary Shea survive the car crash?
- Rosemary is revealed to have survived the car crash, but is currently in a comatose state. However, she is able to be awakened for brief periods of time via black amber.
- What will the Faction do now that they know the sisters are magical?
- They have resumed their infiltration plan into the Command Center underneath SafeSpace, Seattle.
- Will Maggie change Harry's feelings with her newfound power?
- How will the Faction capture the Charmed Ones and claim the black amber?
- What will happen to Mel and Ruby?
References to the Original Charmed
- Maggie and Macy are shrunken and trapped within Ruby's magical marble. In the original series, all three sisters were shrunk and trapped within a doll house. They had also been shrunk on other occasions over the years.
- Elder Celeste voices her concerns, over Harry and Macy's relationship, due to his status as their Whitelighter, just as the Elders did, with Piper and Leo in the original series.
- Julian is using magic to attempt to save his sister. In the original series, Dr. Curtis Williamson, a mortal, also used magic to his advantage, so that he could save his sister's life.
- Arthurian folklore is mentioned in this episode when Celeste mentions the name Nimue. In the original, Piper's son Wyatt was destined to become the new master of the legendary blade, Excalibur.
- The episode was watched by 0.58 million U.S. viewers.
- In the events following the COVID-19 global pandemic, this episode serves as the season finale, three episodes earlier than intended.
|Season 2 Episodes|
|"Safe Space" ▪ "Things to Do in Seattle When You're Dead" ▪ "Careful What You Witch For" ▪ "Deconstructing Harry" ▪ "The Truth about Kat and Dogs" ▪ "When Sparks Fly" ▪ "Past is Present" ▪ "The Rules of Engagement" ▪ "Guess Who's Coming to SafeSpace Seattle" ▪ "Curse Words" ▪ "Dance Like No One is Witching" ▪ "Needs to Know" ▪ "Breaking the Cycle" ▪ "Sudden Death" ▪ "Third Time's the Charm" ▪ "The Enemy of My Frenemy" ▪ "Search Party" ▪ "Don't Look Back in Anger" ▪ "Unsafe Space"|