|“||And according to your precious Elders, because I'm the child of a forbidden Whitelighter-witch relationship, I'm a--what they call it--an abomination.||”|
— Jada explaining her nature as a Whitelighter-witch
Whitelighter-Witches are a hybrid species of Whitelighters and witches. The Elders had strict rules against any romantic relationships between witches and Whitelighters and thus viewed these hybrids as abominations.
The first of this breed seen is Jada Shields, the secret daughter of an unknown witch and Whitelighter.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The power to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The power to brew and concoct potions, remedies, and elixirs that have supernatural properties.
- Active Witch Powers
- Individual Powers: As part of their witch heritage, Whitelighter-witches can possess individual supernatural abilities that are varied depending on their own skill, lineage or level.
- Active Whitelighter Powers
- Whitelighter Powers: These hybrids can develop a variety of powers from their Whitelighter side, although only Memory Erasure and Healing have been shown to be inherited thus far.
- Active Hybrid Powers
Whitelighter-witches can develop hybrid forms of powers due to being born to different magical species. The nature of this hybridization and how extensive it is is currently unknown.
- Electrokinetic Orbing: The power to teleport through a burst of electricity. Jada's witch side hybridized this power, combining her witch power (Electrokinesis) with her Whitelighter power (Orbing).
- Immunity: All witches without exception are immune to Sirens' songs and to Pixie Dust.
- Enhanced Durability: Also, it is suggested that the Whitelighter-witches' Whitelighter half grants them some protection from damage, both physical and magical, as Jada said that she must've survived Fiona's Sarcana attack because she is half-Whitelighter.
- In the original Charmed series, the first known Whitelighter-witch was Paige Matthews.
- Also, in the original series, once the Elders realized they need Paige to reconstitute the Power of Three, they canceled the laws that banned relationships between Whitelighters and witches.